Sunday, November 18, 2012

My Most Embarrassing Moment


It was supposed to be a typical trip to Meijer for groceries, but this time, I had to pee. I'd never used the restroom at Meijer before and after this traumatic episode, I never will again. Ever. I go in and there's another person occupying the handicap stall. I didn't think anything of it and I headed into the only other stall, next to her. I do what I went in there for but just as I was about to open the stall door to leave, I hear the lady say "no! no no please no" and look down to see water close to my feet! She had apparently clogged the toilet so when she flushed, it overflowed. I got the hell outta there without saying a word. I figured it would embarrass her more if I stuck around to... help? Gross, no, there will be no helping. So sorry. No, I did not wash my hands for fear of getting toilet water on my shoes, or worse. But I did have hand sanitizer in my purse. That would have to do.

So why was this MY most embarrassing moment instead of this poor woman? Well, because when I came practically running out of the bathroom, there was a gentleman standing there waiting to go in to clean it. The poor guy didn't know what he was in for. And that poor woman was about to be mortified. I was embarrassed for all parties involved! What if she told the guy that if was me who clogged the toilet?! I didn't know if she clogged it by using too much toilet paper or something else way more embarrassing. Can you imagine poop on the floor?! OH MY GOD! This is humiliating. Although, honestly, if I were in her shoes, I would absolutely blame it on the stranger who just ran out the door before me. Wouldn't you? It would be better than saying "oh, hello male Meijer employee. Yes, this is my poop on the floor that I'm about to leave you to clean up". Hell-to-the-no! 

I caught up with my husband in the produce section and told him what happened. He laughed and said "do we need to leave? Was it really you who clogged it?". Thanks, babe. Geez.

What's your most embarassing moment?

No comments: