Sunday, November 18, 2012

My take on the AMA's


I wasn't sure if I really wanted to watch the AMA's or not. Then I remembered that I have to write a blog post for today, so boom goes the dynamite and here we go.

Usher - Holy cow, dude can still dance. Ya know, in case you forgot.

Carly Rae Jepsen - I thought she was lip syncing, but maybe not. I still love Call Me Maybe. Her performance was ok, but I was paying more attention to one of her back up dancers, Ryan Ramirez. She was on So You Think You Can Dance. Yes, Ryan is a woman.

Kelly Clarkson - I love me some Kelly. But stop yelling at the audience to "come on". Also, I could do without her hair-do. But she really is one of my favorites. With a voice like that, she can do whatever she wants.   

Ke$ha - Freak. But I sorta like her. Sometimes. But she cannot dance. Oh and get off the floor. Ok so maybe I don't like her. I clearly can't decide.

No Doubt - As strange as Gwen Stephani is, I've always liked No Doubt. But I didn't know the song she sang so I was so not interested. She should have broken out a little Spiderwebs or Just A Girl for old times' sake.

Taylor Swift - Her new CD is actually very good. Her outfit change in the middle of the song was neat. Kudos for that. She picked a good song to perform.

Linkin Park - The last song I remember of theirs was One Step Closer from 12 years ago.

Nicki Minaj - There is nothing I like about her. That is all.

P!NK - She is one of my favorites. Probably tied for favorite, favorite with Sara Bareilles. I like that she did the same performance from her video. It amazes me how fit she is even after having her baby. She could make a CD every week and I still wouldn't be tired of her.

Justin Bieber - Ok first, I do not care for him. However, I love that he went with an acoustic version of his song at the beginning. Then he grabbed his crotch 1,400 times and jumped around a bit  for the second part and I remembered why I thought he was a tool. Then Nicki Minaj came out. The combination of the two made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Christina Aguilera - I'm not even sure what to say about that performance. Bizarre doesn't seem to sum it up. I like what she's trying to say, but... nah, I've got nothin'.

Pitbull - Not my thing.  

Carrie Underwood - Is there a prettier woman out there? I mean seriously. But I feel like she couldn't keep up with the song or something. It wasn't her best.  

Chris Brown, Ludacris & whoever the other cat was - Yuck. Really, people enjoy that?

There ya have it. What have we learned? I am apparently very critical. And old. I guess I'm just not into what's "new" these days. I'm a little irritated that I wasted 3 hours watching and stayed up way past my bed time. Yep, old for sure.

No comments: